Thyroid surgery can be costly, especially in the present age when the healthcare systems in the US, the UK, and Canada are in shambles. This is where thyroid cancer surgery in Turkey comes into play. Thyroid cancer treatment in Turkey is much cheaper without compromising the quality that one would otherwise get in the West. In addition to being a great place for reliable yet affordable medical care, Turkey is also a country steeped in history and culture.
Thyroid cancer can occur at any time in a person’s life, though older persons who have previously had radiation therapy common in the 1950s are more at risk. The most common symptom of thyroid cancer is a small nodule in the neck, though 95% of the time the nodule is benign.
An Outline of Thyroidectomy
The American Cancer Society estimates that approximately 57,000 new cases of thyroid cancer are diagnosed each year, more than two-thirds of which are found in women.
The most common treatment involves partial or full removal of the thyroid, also known as thyroidectomy. Thyroid cancer removal surgery is possible for follicular, papillary, and anaplastic thyroid cancers.
Why You Should Get Thyroid Cancer Surgery in Turkey
Thyroidectomy in Turkey is a viable option for those seeking respite from the ravaging disease without burying deep into their pockets. The National Health Expenditure Data states that in 2009, Americans spent nearly US $300 billion out-of-pocket on healthcare. With medical insurance companies failing to pay for necessary surgeries, more and more people are heading abroad, as is the case with patients getting thyroidectomy surgery in Turkey.
Other reasons that patients with thyroid cancer would visit Turkey for treatment include the following:
- Thyroid cancer surgeons in Turkey are well renowned. Many of them have been trained in some of the best medical schools in the world. Further, they continue to update their education by taking additional courses and attending medical forums and symposiums.
- When a patient gets thyroid cancer removal surgery in Turkey he/she can expect to undergo treatment at a well-equipped hospital.
- Turkey is home to several state-of-the-art, JCI-accredited hospitals. Right from lung cancer treatment to brain tumor treatment in Turkey, these hospitals provide it all.
- The leading hospitals also have the technology to perform minimally invasive, high-precision robotic CyberKnife cancer surgery in Turkey.
- Turkey plays host to thousands of medical tourists every year. The doctors and hospital staff will know exactly how to make a patient feel at home. If you go for thyroid tumor surgery in Turkey, you can expect to be treated extremely well by an accommodating staff.
- Turkey is strategically located at the confluence of Europe and Asia, thereby making it a worthwhile alternative for thyroid cancer patients from Romania, Bulgaria, Azerbaijan, the UK, and other parts of Europe, West Asia and even Africa.
- When you go for thyroid cancer treatment in Turkey, you will be going to one of the most serene countries in the world. Rich in culture, history and nature, Turkey is one of the hottest tourism destinations today! Healthcare tourism in Istanbul and other parts of Turkey gives one a chance to heal in a perfect vacation-like setting.
Before Going for Thyroid Cancer Treatment in Turkey – Things to Know
Thyroid cancer treatment is a major procedure. Whether you decide to get it done at home or abroad in a country like Turkey, you should:
- Do your research. Understand thyroid cancer as much as possible and know everything there is to know about your specific type, whether it be follicular, papillary, or anaplastic thyroid cancer. Then, if you decide to get thyroid cancer surgery in Turkey, you can be prepared to have a discussion with your doctor to choose the treatment right for you.
- Read up about your hospital. Again, if you elect to undergo thyroid tumor surgery in Turkey or your home country, you should learn as much as possible about both your intended hospital and your doctor. Whenever possible, get personal references.
- Know your own medical history. To better assess what kind of treatment is best for you, you should have a full understanding of your current and past conditions, including your family history. Further, if you decide to get thyroid cancer treatment in Turkey, you should be fit enough to board a plane and travel.
The debilitating effects of thyroid cancer can enervate one both physically as well as emotionally. Thyroid cancer surgery in Turkey gives the patients a chance to get back to their healthy selves sans spending a fortune on getting treated.
Submit the free quote request form on the right for more information on Thyroid Cancer Surgery Turkey.